Free Shipping at PetMountain.com

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kingsley 1: I walk the waterfront


The name's Kingsley. Kingsley Brown.. That's me in the photo.

Unlike herself, the cat (aka, Miss Liberty), I have real work to do. Every morning. Sometimes more than once a day.

First thing after I wake up and shake myself, Old Graybeard takes me out to walk the waterfront. Important work. Loads of other dogs help out. We leave peemail behind. Or we meet nose to tail.

But mostly, we walk the waterfront all the way down to the Hoboken Terminal. That's over a mile, enough for Old Graybeard to break a sweat and for me to get my tongue dangling.

Sure beats lying around the house doing nothing (or waiting to ambush a perfectly innocent dog who's only minding his own business, like someone we all know).

We live in Hoboken, New Jersey. Might as well be the sixth borough of New York City. Known as the "Mile Square City." Just across the the Hudson River from Manhattan. Nice view, if you like that kind of thing.

I've been to Manhattan in the bus that goes under the river through the Lincoln Tunnel. That's OK, but you end up at the Port Authority Bus Station on 42nd and 8th, about as busy a place as you can imagine. Too much noise. Smells all jumbled up on top of each other. No time to sniff much of anything. *And* I have to be carried around in a Sherpa Pet Carrier.

Humiliating. Old Graybeard can barely carry it. Rough ride at best. Who needs it? I'd much rather walk.

I've also been across in the ferry, which is about as good as it gets. Old Graybeard carries me in his arms. My opinion, the only way to be carried. We ride. The ferry bumps up and down. We watch the water together. What fun!

Get out at Pier 79. Stroll up the loud smelly walkway of Hudson River Park to Riverside Park. Walk as far as 104th Street and then across to the Great Hill in Central Park.

What a place!! Dogs don't have to wear leashes!! I run around like crazy!! Catch me if you can!! No dog can catch me!!!

Then Old Graybeard calls me. Back on the leash. We walk back down along the Hudson.

Now that's the way to spend the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment